A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - May 3, 2012


Feast of Sts. Philip and James, Apostles
3
PRAYER POWER
 
“If ye shall ask anything in my name, that will I do.” – John 14:14
 
We woke up in the middle of the night to find Tesa, our eight-year-old daughter, vomiting. We could see that she was in pain, and was distressed. When she gained strength to speak, the first thing she said was, “Please pray for me.”
If I were in her situation, I would have complained about the pain in my tummy. Maybe I would have asked for medicine. But asking for prayers would not have been the first.
Tesa believes that prayer can do anything. It is her recourse when she can’t sleep at night, when someone is ill and
when she experiences joyful or unpleasant occasions.
When we have difficulty finding a good parking slot, Tesa, with her sister Iani, immediately pray and ask God for one. And every single time, God answers.
Her requests may be simple, but the Lord answers them anyway. Didn’t He say “Ask anything in My Name”?
So, what are you waiting for. Ask away!  Jun Asis (mabuting.balita@gmail.com)
 
REFLECTION:
There is no big or small request for God. He hears them all.
 
Lord, I lift up every little concern that I have and all the big problems that I have, knowing that You will answer them by Your grace and in Your perfect timing.
 
Sts. Philip and James, Apostles, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive