A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections- March 03, 2012


ROAD RAGE
“But I say to you, love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you.” - Matthew 5:44
One of my pet peeves are reckless drivers. They turn left or right as they please. They stop at places that would inconvenience other motorists. When you honk at them, they hurl words at you and get angry as if they have done no wrong.
I used to try to get even, to “teach them a lesson,” to show them that they cannot be bullies. But that doesn’t change the situation.
Until I followed another driver’s advice to pray for them. Whenever a jeepney cuts into my lane or a bus hogs the road to get more passengers, I pray for safety for everyone and a change of heart for these drivers. I keep my cool and practice defensive driving.
I’ve not encountered really bad drivers ever since. I agree that it’s also a matter of perspective, and I may not fully know the effect of praying for them. But I am sure that God hears my prayer and honors it. I also have become better because of my attitude change.
Praying for those who wrong you benefits both the “prayed for” and the “pray-er.”Jun Asis (mabuting.balita@gmail.com)
3
REFLECTION:
Do I respond with God’s grace in the face of people who do me wrong?
Lord, I pray for those who are unkind to me, those who put me down or malign me. Let Your Spirit dwell in them and grant them peace in their hearts. Amen.
St. Katharine Drexel,pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive