A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2015

What things hinder you from acting on the Word of God? - Daily Bible Reflections August 30,2015

THE FIRST STEP
 
Be doers of the word and not hearers only, deluding yourselves. – James 1:22
 
       Three years ago, I felt that I didn’t have the ideal figure for my age and height. So I decided to lose weight. I Googled articles on exercising and dieting. I even watched different workouts on YouTube. I had all these ideas on how to lose weight, but because I was so busy, I only started a year later. Three hundred sixty-five days wasted!
       The same goes for our “spiritual health.” When we sin, we feel that we’re not sporting God’s ideal figure for us. We hear Mass and listen to God’s Word, but we don’t act on what we learn. We attend prayer meetings and listen to teachings, but we don’t apply these in our daily lives. We’re too caught up in the “real world” that we forget to live the way God wants us to.
       With my body, I realized that I won’t achieve anything if I don’t take the first step. Our spiritual life is the same. God has given us everything we need to live our lives fully. But this won’t amount to much if we don’t live it out in reality.
       Don’t let all that grace go to waste. Take that first step now. Carlo Fernandez (carlo.fernandez@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: What things hinder you from acting on the Word of God?
 
Lord, teach me to act on Your Word every day. Amen.
 
St. Jeanne Jugan, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive