A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Change begins with the mind. Are there wrong beliefs that hinder great changes in your life? - Daily Bible Reflections August 2,2015

NEW LOOK,
OLD THINKING
 
And put on the new self, created in God’s way in righteousness and holiness of truth. – Ephesians 4:24
 
       I weighed my heaviest at 235 lbs. That’s why I decided to get back in shape. I exercised and ate healthy every day. After three months, I dropped to 195 lbs.
       I started buying medium-sized clothes since my old ones were too baggy already. But I didn’t let go of my extra-large clothes, just in case I would need them again. Guess what? After six months, I gained back all the weight I lost.
       Why did I revert to my old body? Because I always believed that I should be a “BIG” guy! I may have a new body, but I was stuck in my old thinking and old beliefs about myself.
       The same goes for every area of our lives. I know of many people who were renewed by God but slid back to their old sinful life. I know of people who started investing and saving, then went back to being in debt because of overspending.iChange begins with the mind. Are there wrong beliefs that hinder great changes in your life?
 
Lord, teach me to believe in myself the way You believe in me. Let me see myself the way You see me.
 
St. Eusebius of Vercelli, bishop, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive