A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2015

It’s good to respect people with other beliefs and lifestyles - Daily Bible Reflections August 16, 2015

I RESPECT, I BELIEVE
 
“For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.” – John 6:55
 
       I introduce myself as a Catholic lay preacher who fully respects people with other beliefs and religions. And I do.
       I’ve worked with Born Again Christians, Iglesia ni Cristo members, Pentecostals, Mormons, etc. I’ve been with Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, New Agers, even atheists. I even respect and mingle with drug addicts, alcoholics, prostitutes and criminals.
       But respecting, working and being with people of different faiths and lifestyles don’t mean giving up my own Catholic beliefs. I celebrate what’s common with us but will stand my ground on what’s essential to my faith. I believe that the Eucharist is the highest form of worship and that receiving Holy Communion is receiving the true Body and Blood of Jesus.
       I respect others if they believe that the Bible is the only source of faith, or that Jesus is just a man, or that Mohammad is the great prophet, or that we are reborn again and again until we reach Nirvana. In the same way, I expect to be respected too in my belief in the Catholic Church, in the sacraments, especially the Holy Eucharist, and in Jesus, my Lord and my God! Alvin Barcelona (apb_ayo@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: It’s good to respect people with other beliefs and lifestyles. But it’s also good to guard yourself from compromising too much and giving up your own beliefs in the process.
 
Dear Lord, grant me the grace to practice tolerance and respect while standing firm on my faith in You, and in Your Holy Church. Amen.
 
St. Stephen of Hungary, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive