A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Has the sadness in your heart been dragging for too long? “Taste and see the goodness of the Lord!” (Psalm 34:8). It’s time to get up and eat. Better days are coming - Daily Bible Reflections August 9,2015

IT’S TIME TO MOVE
 
“Get up and eat!” – 1 Kings 19:5
 
       Two years ago this day, I fell into depression. My heart was broken and I felt so sad. I just wanted to sleep the whole day like Elijah in the Scriptures. I dreaded waking up for it meant feeling the gnawing pain in my heart. Sleep became a form of escape for me. I didn’t want to eat and I became very sickly.
       I knew it was alright to feel sad when one is grieving. But at some point, prolonged sadness must end because it is unhealthy and kills your spirit. I realized that I needed to help myself. I opened my heart to God’s healing love and picked myself up by finding joy in the simple things again. Like eating my favorite food.
       As I began to enjoy eating, it gave me strength to face each day. Moving helped too, especially walking. Taking that first step is literally healing in itself.
       Helping your body become strong again through proper nutrition and exercise will help you overcome the blues. Along with prayers, they helped me move on and keep moving forward. Marjorie Ann Duterte (marjorie.travels@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: Has the sadness in your heart been dragging for too long? “Taste and see the goodness of the Lord!” (Psalm 34:8). It’s time to get up and eat. Better days are coming.
 
Dear Father, You are close to the brokenhearted. May there be joy where there is sadness. You will turn our mourning into dancing as we put our hope in You. Help us to help ourselves. Amen.
 
St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive