A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

You offer wings to your children when you allow them to learn from their failures - Daily Bible Reflections October 6,2014


LOVE AND WISDOM
 
His praise endures forever. – Psalm 111:10
 
When I was in high school, I was just an average student. A grade of 82 was my target. When my parents got my card, this was their script: “Son, your grade is 82 again. Please stop playing basketball and study hard.” But at the end, when all was said and done, they would turn my report card around and say, “Son, what’s your name in the card?”
         I would look at it and read, “Arun Gogna.”
       Then they would say, “Even if you’re just an average student, your name will never change. You are still our son.”
       What my parents were doing all those years was giving me a sense of who I was — that I was someone with the potential to succeed. And they were telling me that no matter how many times I fail, I will still have their love.
       That encouraged me to spread my wings and explore other things. After finishing college, God led me to teach Religion in high school. I then pursued Masters in Religious Studies and graduated magna cum laude.
       Now, I am a national and international lay preacher, a resource speaker for big corporations, an entrepreneur, a Christian recording artist, an author, and a school owner. Arun Gogna (gognuts@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: You offer wings to your children when you allow them to learn from their failures.
 
Lord, may Your love and wisdom guide me all the days of my life.
 
St. Bruno, priest, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive