A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Have no anxiety at all... with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. – Philippians 4:6 - Daily Bible Reflections October 5,2014


GOD’S INSTANT
PASALUBONG
 
Have no anxiety at all... with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. – Philippians 4:6
 
       We were on our way back to Manila from a Lenten retreat. I wanted so much to buy pasalubong for my mom and my sister but the delicacies were expensive. Besides, I only had little cash with me. We made a stopover in one of the pasalubong shops in Tagaytay. I stayed behind. While inside the car, I closed my eyes and prayed silently to the Lord about how it pained me not to be able to bring home pasalubong to my family. I shed a tear or two.
       My friend dropped me off at my house. After I got my baggage from the car’s trunk and was about to enter the gate of our house, she called me. She handed me one whole ripe pineapple. She was supposed to visit her mother-in-law but there was a sudden change of plans so she wouldn’t be able to give the fruit to her. Then she gave me the box of our leftover buko pie from the retreat. An instant pasalubong for my family!
       Time and again, God has proven that He truly listens and responds even to our most trivial requests. Be anxious no more. God is just a prayer away. Judith Concepcion (svp_jmc@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: “I am an old man, and have known a great many troubles but most of them never happened.” (Mark Twain)
 
Lord, I surrender my useless anxieties and worries to You. Take charge of the areas of my life beyond my control.
 
St. Maria Faustina Kowalska, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive