A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

Do you value your relationships more than your material possessions? - Daily Bible Reflections October 20, 2014


WHAT DO YOU HAVE ?
 
“… for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of possessions.” – Luke 12:15
 
       I like gadgets. I like looking for the latest models of laptops, phones etc. For a while, it became a status symbol for me.
         I remember the very first time I was going to own a laptop. It was the best one in the market. I was ecstatic.
       The euphoria lasted for two weeks. After that, a thinner, faster, lighter version of the same laptop brand was launched. It had a better design, better display and better features. I was crushed, devastated and discombobulated.
       I realized that I can never have everything in this life. I can continue to derive my value from the things that I own and feel frustrated every time I see someone having more than me, or I can appreciate the things that I have and be grateful and contented.
         Life is not defined by what you have, even when you have a lot. Life is about relationships. Possessions don’t make you truly rich. Relationships do. Relationships don’t just last longer, they last stronger.
       So the next time you feel bad for not having material possessions, thank God for the wonderful relationships you have — and feel like a billionaire. Randy Borromeo (rborromeo@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: Do you value your relationships more than your material possessions?
 
Dear Lord, thank You for what I have. I may not own much, but I have everything. You are my everything. Teach me to have a grateful heart every day.
 
St. Maria Bertilla Coscardin, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive