A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Do you do things to please people or to please God? Are you looking for affirmation from others or from God? - Daily Bible Reflections October 29,2014


KNOW YOUR BOSS
Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people. – Ephesians 6:7
I was trained to serve God with the best of my abilities. It may be carrying the speakers and instruments, mopping the floor, or arranging the chairs but I would do it without any complaint. In my heart, I knew I was serving a God who deserves no less than my best.
       But, I wasn’t able to apply this principle in my corporate job. For me, it was just about meeting deadlines, perfecting attendance, and merely doing what I was expected to do.
       When I listened to one of the talks of Bo Sanchez, I had a change in perspective. He invited the people to give their best in their current field because it’s not about getting the approval of your boss but of honoring God who gave you the ability to work. I decided to work hard and learn the different angles of the industry. I started to do more than what I was expected.
       Now, I am working full-time for the Light of Jesus Family under Bo, and I carry the same principles he taught me. I do my best for my audience of One — Jesus Christ Himself. Jan Carlo Silan (jan@makatifeast.com)
Reflection: Do you do things to please people or to please God? Are you looking for affirmation from others or from God?
Lord, You are my Boss. Remind me that You gave me the talents to serve a great purpose in my life. Amen.
St. Narcissus of Jerusalem, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive