A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

One of the greatest mistakes we commit is to want other people’s calling and end up being unhappy. What is your calling at the moment? - Daily Bible Reflections October 8,2014


THE CALLING
 
I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the uncircumcised... – Galatians 2:7
 
       Many people think that the word “calling” is just for the religious, for those who serve God and who consciously follow His will for their lives.
       For the longest time, I’ve been asking God for my true calling. Now I realize that my gifts, my talents and my passions all point me to His calling upon my life.
       There are times when we can get lost in the idea of doing big things in the eyes of others, saving the entire world or achieving lofty things for God. I have learned that the first calling we have that glorifies God is to be who we are at the moment.
       Are you a son? Then be a son.
       Are you a student? Then be a student.
       Are you a parent? Then be a parent.
       Are you a brother, a friend, an employee? Then be one.
       And do it with great love. Because when you do, you’ve fulfilled God’s greatest law. Dreus Cosio (andreus.cosio@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: One of the greatest mistakes we commit is to want other people’s calling and end up being unhappy. What is your calling at the moment?
 
Lord, teach and guide me to be the best of me at this moment, all for Your honor and glory. Amen.
 
St. John Leonardi, priest, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive