A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - December 25, 2012


Solemnity of the Nativity of the Lord
 
the gift of jesus
 
“From his fullness we have all received, grace in place of grace.” – John 1:16
 
There was a popular Christian story back in ancient times that told of two thieves who planned to rob the pregnant Mary and her husband, Joseph, as they walked through Bethlehem. It was said that one of the thieves had compassion on the travelers and forced his friend not to touch them.
Thirty years later, these same thieves were crucified beside Jesus. And again, one of the thieves, Dimas, came to Jesus’ aid and rebuked his friend’s disrespect and unbelief. Later, Dimas would be one of the first souls in Paradise. Today, as we give gifts to one another, let us be reminded that we do it in remembrance of God’s generosity. He
gave Jesus to us so we give Jesus to others. Whether the story above is true or not, the Gospel reminds us that the gift of Jesus in our lives is not something we only celebrate during Christmas, but it is a treasure whose value we need to realize, protect, nurture and share.
The very first Christmas in my life was when I accepted Jesus in my heart. May I always remember that — protect it and share Jesus with others. Rod Velez (rod.velez@gmail.com)
25
REFLECTION:
How have you shared the gift of Jesus with others?                                          
 
I honor You, Lord, for Your generosity and kindness. Today, I celebrate my first love – You. May I always have the strength and enthusiasm to share You with others. And before I forget, I want to wish You a happy birthday.
 
St. Eugenia, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive