A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - December 17,2012


IF LOOKS COULD KILL
 
“Come and listen, sons of Jacob, listen to Israel, your father.” – Genesis 49:2
 
I was in Grade 6 when I joked to my dad that I would smoke. His glare at me said it all. I felt like I got a good spanking with that look!
Once, when some classmates and I were attempting to smoke, Dad’s face suddenly popped in my head. Without any explanation, I took off and left my classmates who were wondering what happened to me.
Every time I recall that incident, I can’t help but be thankful for that vision of Dad’s glaring stare, which was enough to strike fear in my heart. Otherwise, I’d have probably become a smoker, complete with nicotine-stained teeth and lungs that no prophylaxis can clean.
There’s a good reason why God commanded us to obey our parents. He has ordained parents to take care of His precious children. Even if parents aren’t perfect, they are nevertheless anointed and appointed by God to raise up and take care of their children. This is the first commandment that has a promise attached to it: “That it may go well with you and that you may have long life on the earth”(Ephesians 6:3). Thanks to my Dad’s glaring look, I am definitely going to live a long and healthy life with healthy lungs!Ronna Ledesma (ronnaledesma@email.com)
17
REFLECTION:
If you do not heed the discipine of your father whom you can see, how can you heed the discipline of the Lord whom you do not see? Thank You, Lord, for blessing me with a father who was able to instill discipline in me.
 
Lord, grant me the grace to love, honor and obey my parents.
 
St. Lazarus, pray for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive