A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections- February 17, 2012


FAITH OR FATE?
 
We are made right with God by what we do, not by faith alone. – James 2: 24
 
If the company you work for suddenly decided to downsize its work force and you got laid off, what will your reaction be? What words will come out of your mouth? Will you choose to be faith-filled or fatalistic? There’s a wide chasm between the two.
But when you say, “Let Your will be done on earth as it has been done in heaven,” then you put your whole trust in Him whom you know loves you and desires only the best for you.
Just like the boy who was undisturbed in the midst of a turbulent plane ride. While the rest of the passengers were jittery and anxious, he remained calm even as the plane seemed like it was going to break apart. The pilot was the boy’s father and he knew that the airplane was in good hands.
I can identify with that story because my dad was a pilot. Every time I would ride a plane, I’d always wish that he was in the cockpit since I knew that he would always land the plane safely and smoothly.
So, is it faith or is it fate?
Like what I said, there’s a wide chasm between the two — but a very fine line when you’re in the midst of a crisis.  Ronna Ledesma (ronnaledesma@email.com)
17
REFLECTION:
“Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him.” (Job 13:15)
 
Lord, help me always to look to You, and not on my circumstances.
 
Seven Founders of the Order of Servites, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive