A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections- February 14, 2012


HIDDEN SPOTS
 
Rather, each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. – James 1:14
 
In a retreat I took during my early years of following Jesus, I was asked to list down my weaknesses and temptations. The exercise was to help me know myself better and to see where the evil one would most likely attack me. I remember listing several, one of which was my tendency to be passionate about an interest and then forget about it when the passion wanes. It would have been OK except that I usually spend a lot of money and time on my interest when my passion is at its peak, and the consequence is that I’m saddled with lots of baggage.
I recall indulging in several crafts at different points of my life: artificial flowers, cross-stitch, glass etching, button making and so on. The same goes with my mental pursuits: I switched from my profession as a management and industrial engineer to business to counseling to human resource management and finally to writing. I’d accumulate tons of books on these subjects, hoping to read them one day.
Knowing my hidden spots has helped me curb my tendency to satisfy my inordinate desires that would derail me from living a life that’s pleasing to God. Tess V. Atienza (svp_tvatienza@yahoo.com)
 
REFLECTION:
This Valentine’s Day, reflect on what inordinate desires keep you from loving God as He deserves.
 
Lord, grant me the grace to face my hidden weaknesses and desires. May I always seek You in my desires.
 
St. Cyril, monk, and St. Methodius, bishop, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive