A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections- February 15, 2012


WHEN WE BECOME WISE
 
Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. – James 1:23-24
 
She knows what is wrong with her. She can run it down to you as if she were analyzing somebody else’s personality. And because she’s a Pyschology major, she has a deeper understanding and awareness of what her problem is. But she stops there.
“This is how I am and I’m not going to change,” she once told her friends.
When I heard that, I was immediately reminded of the passage above. I told her friends, “She’s like a person who sees that her hair is all messed up and she has dirt on her face but she refuses to comb or wash up.”
What a fool, I thought. But wait, am I not like her, too? I know my weaknesses yet I do nothing to avoid the occasion of sin. I know what the Bible says I should do yet how often do I disobey it? I know I should pray yet I give in to distraction or sloth.
Friends, knowledge is not enough. When we apply what we know, that is called wisdom. May we be wise Christians and not just knowledgable ones.Rissa Singson-Kawpeng (justbreatherissa@gmail.com)
 
REFLECTION:
Mental assent to God’s Word is not enough. Obedience is necessary.
 
Lord, let Your Spirit convict me when I agree to what You say but fall short of putting it to practice.
 
St. Claude la Colombiere, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive