A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Daily Bible Refelctions - February 27, 2012


MY FIRST PRISON VISIT
 
“I was in prison and you came to see me.” – Matthew 25:36
 
I came from a Caring Group (CG) meeting in the morning and even brought my two CG members with me. It was a novel experience for us: our first prison visit. We were not informed beforehand that we would be leading discussion groups during the visit. I was a bag of nerves since I was unprepared and simply didn’t know what to expect. The hardened faces of the inmates even intimidated me. I just said a quick silent prayer before I started leading the opening prayer.
Just when I was about to castigate myself for not handling the discussion with confidence, an inmate approached me after the closing prayer and told me her life story. I had a very memorable one-on-one with her.
God, I know it was You at work.
Blesilda (not her real name) didn’t look like a woman stripped of freedom and dignity behind bars. She even looked happy and at peace. She related about her daughter who worked in a giant multimedia company in the province. It saddened me that she couldn’t tell her daughter that she was in prison. Despite that, her aura radiated light because she encountered Christ in the Correctional Institution for Women. Ems Sy Chan (havenofleeanne@gmail.com)
27
REFLECTION:
It is the obligation of every Christian to perform corporal works or acts of mercy. Have you done your part?
 
May I not turn the other way when my neighbor needs my help.
 
St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows, pray for us.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive