A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, September 30, 2016

When it is full, they haul it ashore and sit down to put what is good into buckets. What is bad they throw away. – Matthew13:48 - Daily Bible Reflections September 30, 2016


Memorial of St. Jerome, Priest and
Doctor of the Church
 
 
BAD FISH
 
When it is full, they haul it ashore and sit down to put what is good into buckets. What is bad they throw away. – Matthew13:48
 
       This scene is very vivid to me. Years ago, my class group had to go to the Navotas Fishport for the feasibility project we were doing. We witnessed how fish were loaded into many big banyera (tub) and were sorted according to kind, quality and size. This was done so the fish can be priced accordingly. The bad ones were then thrown into a separate container and deposited into the trash bin.
       I still remember the awful stench coming from the bin that contained the bad fish. People stayed away from it because, aside from the foul smell, a lot of flies swarmed around it.
       I dread to think that come Judgment Day, I will be among those that the angels will discard and throw into the burning furnace. Reng D. Morelos(hermierengmorelos@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: On Judgment Day, Jesus will ask you practical questions: When I was hungry, did you give Me food? When I was thirsty, did you give Me a drink? Did you welcome Me, clothe Me, visit Me in prison? What do you need to do today to be able to answer Him in the affirmative?
 
Lord, continue to mold me into the person that You want me to be so I may be in Your presence forevermore.  
St. Jerome, priest and doctor of the Church, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive