A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Do we take time to sing to the Lord in a solo concert daily? He loves our voices raised up in a double prayer - Daily Bible Reflections September 22, 2016


LET ALL MY LIFE BE
MUSIC
 
Fill us at daybreak with your kindness, that we may shout for joy and gladness all our days. – Psalm 90:14
 
       I was blessed to be the president of our glee club when I was a third year high school student in St. Agnes Academy in Legaspi City. I now always preface that information that I earned the position not because of my Alto 1 voice, but because I was courageous enough to sing. Maybe even then, I realized that he who sings, prays twice, as St. Augustine said.
       I was raised, though, as a Benedictine student with the dictum ora et labora, pray and work. More aptly perhaps, we pray by singing and then work joyfully for the Lord and His perfect will in our lives.
       We have a God who blesses our every day with His constant love and, thus, we can sing and be glad all our life. As we do this,   our lives become the melody that we sing to the Lord, just as the song, “Let All My Life Be Music” says: “Let all my life be music, ah, let the heart of me be as a harp, where joy and pain are blended harmony... And, when the Great Musician plays, in notes of joy or pain, then let my heart respond and sing... A wondrous song, a living song, a rapturous song, oh send. And on a thrilling major chord, there let life end.” Grace Princesa (grprincesa@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: Do we take time to sing to the Lord in a solo concert daily? He loves our voices raised up in a double prayer.
 
Lord, let my life be a beautiful song for You.
 
St. Lawrence Ruiz and Companions, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive