A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2016

“The priesthood is the love of the heart of Jesus. When you see a priest, think of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (St. Jean Vianney) - Daily Bible Reflections September 11, 2016

ORDAINED
 
Because he considered me trustworthy in appointing me to the ministry. – 1 Timothy 1:12
 
        As I sat in the pew that Saturday morning, I felt an excitement I could barely contain. From where I sat, I could see his face light up with joy as he took his final vows. I felt his wonderment as he read his part during the Liturgy of the Eucharist. I admired his sincere gratitude as he thanked family, friends, formators and all those who journeyed with him and his batch mates. I clapped resoundingly upon hearing that his first assignment will be in Culion, Palawan. Finally, after more than a decade of formation, education, mentoring and fervent prayers, Fr. Bros Flores, SJ, was ordained to the priesthood.
       During the Mass, I silently praised and thanked the Lord for calling my best friend to be His priest. Bros is far from perfect. I have seen him at his worst and weakest. Yet I am awed by the way God’s grace encourages and urges him to keep on trying to become the man he was meant to be. Brokenness, imperfections and insecurities aside, Bros is anointed to make Christ visible to all whom he will be sent to serve. Dina Pecaña (dpecana@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: “The priesthood is the love of the heart of Jesus. When you see a priest, think of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (St. Jean Vianney)
 
O loving Mother Mary, Mother of Priests, take to your heart your Son who is close to you because of His priestly ordination, and because of the power which He has received to carry on the work of Christ in a world which needs Him so much. (Prayer for a Priest)
 
St. Cyprian, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive