A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, June 13, 2016

If anyone press you into service for one mile, go with him for two miles. – Matthew 5:41 - Daily Bible Reflections June 13,2016


GO THE EXTRA MILE!
 
If anyone press you into service for one mile, go with him for two miles.  – Matthew 5:41
 
     In my experience, there are five types of poverty mentality. The Trapped Belief says, “I was born poor and will remain poor for the rest of my life.”
       The Juan Tamad Belief, says, “No amount of effort can make me rich, so I will just be lazy for the rest of my life.”
       The Wish-Ko-Lang Belief says, “My only chance to become rich is to win the lotto or Who Wants to Be a Millionaire show.”
      The Rich-Is-Evil Belief says, “I hate the rich and don’t want to become rich. The rich demean and oppress the poor.”
      Finally, the Con Belief says, “Because the rich are evil, let’s cheat and steal from them so they’ll be as miserable as us.”
     But the Gospel teaches there’s a sure-fire way to become affluent. And that’s to go the extra mile! We don’t just give what we can. We give our very best and never stop improving, never stop growing, never stop giving. This is what Anglican theologian John Wesley meant when he said, “Work… earn… save… give as much as you can.”
      Real wealth is enriching your life so that you can enrich others. Go the extra mile, my friend, and all these things shall be added unto you. Obet Cabrillas (kpreacherobet@gmail.com)
 
Pope Francis Says: “When we are generous in welcoming people and sharing something with them — some food, a place in our homes, our time — not only do we no longer remain poor: we are enriched.”
 
Bless me, Lord, that I can work, earn, save and give as much as I can.
 
St. Anthony of Padua, priest and doctor of the Church, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive