A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Do to others whatever you would have them do to you. – Matthew 7:12 - Daily Bible Reflections June 21, 2016


A DIFFERENT YOLANDA
STORY
 
Do to others whatever you would have them do to you. – Matthew 7:12
 
       My nephew survived Typhoon Yolanda because he wanted to save another person’s life. He and his coworker were in Bacolod and they witnessed all the destruction and death at its first hours. They were horrified to the core. The next day, they realized their money was useless — there was no food or water to buy. The best way to survive was for them to leave the city right away. His co-worker was already freaking out and wanted to die. For his sake, my nephew mustered courage and strength. He clung to his favorite verse in Philippians 4:13, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
       I wanted to tell them to walk to the airport to get out of the city. But there was no communication except through heaven. So I prayed and was heard. As they walked to the airport, they met an employee on the road who had a plane pass. He invited them to join him onboard an Air Force plane to Cebu, which carried the injured and the government officials.
       It was my nephew’s faith and willingness to survive for another person that saw them through. The Golden Rule became the key to a critical moment in life. Donna España (donna.espana@yahoo.com)
 
Pope Francis Says: “Because always, even in the darkest moments, in moments of sin, in moments of weakness, in moments of failure, I have seen Jesus, and I trust Him. He has not left me alone.”
 
Thank You, Lord, for answering the fervent prayer of Your servant.
 
St. Aloysius Gonzaga, martyr, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive