A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

God makes us stronger and wiser each time we conquer a struggle - Daily Bible Reflections July 25,2014


Feast of St. James, Apostle
 
THE SECRET WEAPON
 
We are afflicted in every way, but not constrained, perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not abandoned, struck down, but not destroyed. – 2 Corinthians 4:8-9
 
No storm can shake my inmost calm, while to this rock I’m clinging. Since Christ is Lord of heaven and earth, how can I keep from singing?
       Oh how I love this song, and I get teary-eyed whenever this is sung at Mass.
       There were many occasions in my life when I felt like I had hit rock bottom and I no longer had the strength to get back up and move on with life. I’d have endless nights of crying, complaining and questioning God. But somehow I’ve managed to survive. For despite all the whining, God manifested Himself in many ways to remind me that I was never alone.
       God didn’t promise He would carry our every burden all the time. If such were the case, we would never learn, never grow, never persevere and learn to endure life’s many afflictions. But God did say He will be with us every step of the way — to comfort, to guide, and to console us. So do not despair when you are weighed down with problems. Cling to your faith and God will help you regain your strength to overcome your distress. Jane Gonzales-Rauch (mgr516@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: God makes us stronger and wiser each time we conquer a struggle.
 
Dear Lord, may I not be defeated by my weakness and praise You even in the midst of torment.
 
St. James, Apostle, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive