A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, July 21, 2014

Are you waiting for lightning in your life? God might already be whispering something to you - Daily Bible Reflections July 21, 2014


LOOK FOR THE LIGHT
 
“Teacher, we wish to see a sign from you.” – Matthew 12:38
 
       When I was young, I’d always wish to see a rainbow. My sisters saw one after a heavy rain had cleared, but I couldn’t see it. I was so frustrated. I felt like I was missing out on something great.
       As I grew older, I realized that rainbows are merely caused by the refraction of light, whether or not you see one. It’s like how we wish to see big signs of God’s love, but don’t realize that it’s there even without the sign. It reminds me of a song called “Waiting for Lightning” by Steven Curtis Chapman:
       Night falls and the curtain goes down,
       There’s no one around except you and the truth,
       And you lie and wait for a feeling to take you by storm.
       You’re waiting for lightning,
       A sign that it’s time for a change,
       You’re listening for thunder,
       While He quietly whispers your name.
       But the sign and the Word have already been given,
       Now it’s by faith we must look, we must listen.
       As I grew in my faith, I eventually learned that God doesn’t always give us spectacular signs or proof of His love. He wants us to believe in Him even without those things. That said, every now and then, He’ll lovingly throw a rainbow our way. George Tolentino Gabriel (george.svp@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: Are you waiting for lightning in your life? God might already be whispering something to you.
 
Lord, may I trust You in all circumstances.
 
St. Lawrence of Brindisi, priest and doctor of the Church, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive