A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Where I found truth, there I found my God, who is the truth itself. (St. Augustine) - Daily Bible Reflections May 28,2014


OPEN TO TRUTH?
 
“He will glorify me, because he will take from what is mine and declare it to you.” – John 16:14
 
Sitting around a small circle, our Catholic Bible study group shared insights on guide questions. That night, I shared an insight on wealth taken from Genesis 12:2: “I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, so that you will be a blessing.”
       For the first time, I added “money” and “wealth” in the list of items that I could have to bless the world with. And I give no small measure of thanks to Bo Sanchez for that.
       So scared of going to hell because of money, I didn’t want to own even a key—a symbol of earthly possessions for me. Through that verse in Genesis, I understood that God had already shown through history that He will not only save His people spiritually but will also deliver them materially. It was a liberating thing for me and it took a lot of teachings from Bo and a lot of prayer before I could remove the fear of wealth from my heart. Today, I understand that wealth is a tool to love and bless others with.
       The Lord will bring to us people and circumstances so that He can speak to us. Will we open ourselves to truth? Joy Sosoban-Roa
 
Reflection: “Where I found truth, there I found my God, who is the truth itself.” (St. Augustine)
 

Dear Jesus, for as long as it will give You glory, then let me be great. For as long as I can remain Your child, then let me be little.
 
St. Mary Ann of Jesus of Paredes, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive