A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

Sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises. – Psalm 47:6 - Daily Bible Reflections May 30,2014


OUTWARD PRAISE
 
Sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises. – Psalm 47:6
 
       At the salon, clients were having their hair straightened or permed. When each lady was done, she would casually thank the hairdresser. I’ve been visiting that salon for years but I never thought to also praise the hairdressers for something other than their service. So I said to my stylist, “You know, Jo, you look pretty today — with your hair nicely curled and makeup done well. The salon is lucky to have you work for them.”
       Her expression lit up like the sun. She made me repeat what I had said, then she called a fellow stylist to tell her what I had said about her. Imagine how a sincere, unexpected compliment can make a person’s day. Her happiness also made me happy.
       We may think that God doesn’t need validation from us. Let’s appreciate with outward praise the bounty of blessings and unconditional love we receive from God. Let’s burst out in joyous song and pay it forward by praising others. When we give praise to Him, we expand our hearts and create space for more blessings to come. Gina J. Verdolaga (mgjver@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: “And when he came near, even now at the descent of the Mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen.” (Luke 19:37)
 
Thank You, Lord, for allowing me to serve my brothers and sisters in Your name.
 
St. Gregory VII, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive