A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, May 2, 2014

Stop being your own accountant. Subtract doubt and multiply faith in your life - Daily Bible Reflections May 2,2014


NOT ENOUGH
 
Philip answered him, “Two hundred days’ wages worth of food would not be enough for each of them to have a little.” – John 6:7
 
As Philip responded to Jesus’ query, I imagine him taking a good look at the crowd before them, estimating how much food each person in the huge assembly would eat, and then recalling how much he used to get for a day’s work.
       He must have drawn numbers in the air and counted with his fingers (and toes even). Multiply this. Divide that. Add this. Subtract that. Until he came up with “two hundred day’s wages is not even enough.” If Philip were alive today, he surely would be a certified public accountant.
       I see a little of Philip in me. When faced with a financial need, I start computing every peso I earn and spend. Every punch in the calculator fuels a subtle belief that I can do it alone. But when the calculations show more debt than gain, I start to worry that I don’t have enough.
       Until I am reminded that, yes, my list of debts may be a mile long but God never fails to provide. I only need to have faith. If He was able to feed 5,000 people, how could He not provide for me? Osy Erica (osy.erica@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: Stop being your own accountant. Subtract doubt and multiply faith in your life.
 
You, oh God, are my Provider, and Your grace is enough to pull me through. Teach me to have faith and to rely on Your goodness and abundance.
 
St. Athanasius, bishop and doctor of the Church, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive