A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

In marriage, God has joined a man and a woman to create a family that will forever be united by that covenant - Daily Bible Reflections August 16,2013


ONE SOURCE

 
“So they are no longer two, but one…” – Matthew 19:6
 
Not so long ago, a cousin of mine, whom I was not so familiar with, died. The event prompted me to look into my dad’s family tree because I felt so sad about not having known much about my cousin. I was moved to tears when I found a picture of my dad and his siblings with their respective spouses posted by another cousin. My dad and his siblings were very close. There was a unique bond among them that amazes me until now. When each of them started their own lives and had their own families, they lived far from one another but they never grew apart. You will be amazed how they were able to constantly get in touch with one another before the time of cellular phones and the Internet.
       From the union of two people, Marciano and Consuelo, a family unit was created that has branched out to a lot of generations. Our generation may not be as close as my dad and his siblings, but as much as possible, I try to be in touch with the rest of the family. With the Internet, my own family gets to meet new cousins and reconnect with old ones. After all, we all came from two wonderful people whom God has united to become one. Mae Ignacio (maemi04@aim.com)
 
Reflection: In marriage, God has joined a man and a woman to create a family that will forever be united by that covenant.
 
Lord, thank You for unions that You have brought together. May we be reminded that no matter what trials we go through, we will have each other to count on.
 
St. Stephen of Hungary, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive