A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

How can God’s glory change your life? - Daily Bible Reflections August 6,2013


Feast of the Transfiguration of the Lord
 

I CAN ONLY IMAGINE

 
“Master, it is good that we are here; let us make three tents, one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” But he did not know what he was saying. – Luke 9:33
 
You can’t blame Peter for blurting out something so inappropriate at the scene of the Transfiguration. After all, it’s difficult to think clearly if you are seeing Jesus transfigured and radiating the fullness of God’s glory right before your very eyes. Add to that the presence of Moses and Elijah, and you’ll be able to understand a little more why Peter wanted to set up tents and stay up in that mountain for good.
       Peter may have acted oddly but then I remembered the song “I Can Only Imagine” by the band MercyMe. The song poses the question: What will you do if you suddenly see Jesus right before you? My favorite lines in the song goes: “Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel? Will I dance for You, Jesus, or in awe of You be still?”
       As you reflect on today’s Gospel, close your eyes a little longer and envision Jesus standing in front of you.
       What would you do? JPaul Hernandez (jpaulmh@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: How can God’s glory change your life?
 
Lord, I want to encounter Your glory. I believe that Your glory can transform me into a better person.
 
St. Hormisdas, pope, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive