A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

Do we really love God with our all? In what aspects of our lives have we not loved Him the way we should? - Daily Bible Reflections August 23,2013


MY ALL FOR YOU
 
“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.” – Matthew 22:37
 
I was thinking of what to share in relation to the verse above when God inspired me to listen to a song written by John Keating of the Servants of the Word entitled “My All for You.” I played the CD and listened to it repeatedly while reflecting on the verse.
       My all for you, all else left behind.
       Single of heart, single of mind, single of vision,
       Consumed by a single goal:
       To know and love and serve you with all my soul!
       My all for you, you’ve paid the price.
       In grateful love I offer in Christ:
       A sacrifice of life outpoured
       In undivided devotion to you, My Lord!
       The song reminded me of the truth that the reason we give our all to God is because He gave His all to us first, including His only Son. It is when we experience this truth in our lives that we are moved by gratitude to give our all to Him as well. As the Scripture says, “We love Him because He first loved us” (1 John 4:19). May we experience God’s love profoundly so we would be moved to love Him with our all, all our days. Teresa Gumap-as Dumadag (teregmps@yahoo.com)        
 
Reflection: Do we really love God with our all? In what aspects of our lives have we not loved Him the way we should?
 
Heavenly Father, teach me to love you in the same way that you love. Give me the courage to love courageously so I can give my all to You at all times.
 
St. Rose of Lima, virgin, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive