A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - March 20,2013


FREEDOM
 
Jesus answered them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is a slave of sin.” – John 8:34
 
There was a man who was trying to cast out the devil from a possessed woman. He raised the crucifix in front of the woman but at the same time, he was fearful that the evil spirit would overpower him. “What? You expect me to be affected by that?” scoffed the woman. “You yourself don’t believe in the person on the crucifix. How will I be afraid of that?”
The devil continued, “You’re afraid that I might possess you? Ha! Get real! With everything that you think, say and do, I don’t need to possess you. I already have you!”
Truly, the mildest form of possession is when we let evil enter our lives. When we entertain temptation. When we sin.
Admittedly, I have experienced not just entertaining sin but letting it rule me… oftentimes cluelessly. You see, it’s so easy to miss something you are not consciously trying to avoid. I thank God that He gives me the grace to wake up and see how my sinful habits fool and enslave me.
We cannot hide our darkness from God. He sees right through us. But as He knows us through and through, we can be assured that we can open up to Him. It is in this stark honesty that I let His light consume my darkness. In Him I am set free. So will you be, if you let Him. Jonathan Yogawin (jyogawin@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: Today, make yourself vulnerable to the Lord. Be totally honest with Him. Let Him save you, heal you, love you.
 
Lord, You know me more than I know myself. I lay all my cards before You.
 
St. Salvator of Horta, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive