A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

What virtues do you need to be a better servant of the Lord? - Daily Bible Reflections March 4,2014


EARLY BIRDS AND
LATE COMERS
 
“But many who are first will be last, and the last first.” – Mark 10:31
 
“Ma’am, I’m first to arrive. You should give me a special prize,” one of my Journalism students proudly told me when she arrived 15 minutes earlier than the start of class.
       I said, “No special prize. In covering an event, journalists do not come on time. They arrive earlier. You’re developing a good habit every journalist should have. That’s your prize.”
       “What about the latecomers? Will they get punished?”
       “Yes, they’ll most likely miss an important part of the event or a scoop. That’s punishment enough,” I replied. “Yikes!” she exclaimed, adding, “Ma’am, do you think I’ll be a good journalist?”
       “You’re OK,” I encouraged her. Then I couldn’t resist adding, “But you know, many who are first will be last, and the last first.”
       That day, I lectured not only on being physically present in an event. I emphasized also the need for one to master journalism
skills and ethics — the science as well as the virtues one needs to be successful in media. In the same manner, today’s Gospel tells us service alone doesn’t guarantee us a place in God’s kingdom. Remember, He doesn’t just look at what we do, but what’s in our hearts as well. Chay Santiago (cusantiago@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: What virtues do you need to be a better servant of the Lord?
 
Lord, help me to reflect today that I may see my foibles, especially when I am working for You.
 
St. Casimir, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive