A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

There are two ways to approach life: Enjoy first and endure later, or endure first and enjoy later. Choose the second. It’s the way of the saints - Daily Bible Reflections March 11,2014


BOUNDARIES
 
“And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.” – Matthew 6:13
 
When I was a kid, I’d run through a bending trail in the field on my way home. I wondered why I would always follow that trail when I could just run straight home. I tried several times to run straight through but it was automatic: I’d always follow how the trail would bend.
       One day, I tried something challenging (more like foolish and stupid). I closed my eyes and ran straight home. Boom! I hit a hard wall. I went home with my first-ever black eye. Worse, I got scolded and spanked by my father. Waaah!
       Friends, our instincts know limits. These are called boundaries. They are also known by our internal instinct called the conscience. But some people never learn. They keep on running with eyes closed for the thrill of the sinful experience — where they’re sure to crash into a wall at the end. Sin is enticing, yet in the end, it’ll hurt you and others.
       Let’s learn to respect this gift from God. Give yourself the gift of limits. Your internal instincts (good conscience) will always lead you to Him.
  Run the good race with Him! Obet Cabrillas (kpreacherobet@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: There are two ways to approach life: Enjoy first and endure later, or endure first and enjoy later. Choose the second. It’s the way of the saints.
 
From all the evil that surrounds me, defend me; and when the call of death arrives, bid me come to Thee that I may praise Thee with Thy saints, forever. (Anima Christi)
 
St. John Ogilvie, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive