A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

God is waiting eagerly to respond with new strength to each little act of self-control, small discipline of prayer, feeble searching after Him - Daily Bible Reflections March 28,2014


SEEKING AND
SEARCHING
 
“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.” – Mark 12:30
 
“How demanding!” That’s what I would say if someone would ask of me what the verse states above. But it’s another point altogether when it comes from the Lord.
       When I had my personal conversion more than 20 years ago, loving the Lord became part of the fuel in my personal relationship with Him. For a single person, which I was for a long time, that included choosing the TV shows that I watch; the books that I read—it took me a long time to win over my natural affinity to romantic novels, some of which had explicit scenes; the company that I keep (including the men that I would date);  and the emotions that I would allow to hold sway in my heart.
       But I testify that seeking to love the Lord with my all has been worth it, though I have done it imperfectly. And just when I was most at peace with my single state, the Lord allowed me to meet a good man. We’re married now, and the seeking and the searching after the Lord continues. May it always be this way whatever state of life I’m in. Joy Sosoban-Roa (jsosoban@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: “God is waiting eagerly to respond with new strength to each little act of self-control, small discipline of prayer, feeble searching after Him. And His children shall be filled if they will only hunger and thirst after what He offers.” (Richard Holloway)
 
You are the Thirst that quenches all other thirsts, oh Lord. I will seek You forever!
St. Hesychius of Jerusalem, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive