A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Have you thought about what will happen when God answers your prayer? It’s a good thing to be prepared! - Daily Bible Reflections March 13,2014


ASK (SPECIFICALLY!)
AND RECEIVE
 
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives.... – Matthew 7:7-8
 
I believe in the principle of “ask and you shall receive.” When I was single, I said I wanted to get married. Sure enough, God gave me a boyfriend, who became my husband. A year into marriage, I said I wanted a baby so my husband prayed for a son. Now we have a very good-looking boy! We asked for a car after that, and when our kid was around two years old, we got our first car through very friendly payment terms.
       I’m grateful for these answered prayers. What I didn’t think about were the responsibilities that came with them. In our marriage, my husband and I have to keep things going, “for better or for worse.” As a mom, I have to provide constant care and attention to my son. A car has many demands, too: gas, maintenance, tune-ups, cleaning — the list goes on.
       When we ask the Lord for answers to our prayers, we have to be prepared to take care of the things we will receive or the situations we’ll find ourselves in. God is good, but He will only give us what is good for us, what will bring us closer to Him.
Martine De Luna (the.dainty.mom@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: Have you thought about what will happen when God answers your prayer? It’s a good thing to be prepared!
 
Dear God, grant me the wisdom to ask for the things You’d want for me so that I may continue to live for You when You answer my prayer.
 
St. Leander of Seville, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive