A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - January 8,2013


THE GENOGRAM
 
Everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God.– 1 John 4:7
 
In marriage preparation or in marital counseling, one of the tools used to help the couple know one another better and heal family relationships is the genogram. They are asked to draw their family tree, which includes not just the names and dates of birth and death, but also detailed information about relationships, traits, illnesses, achievements, disorders and significant life patterns.
Knowing these would help each partner know where the other is coming from, cut trans-generational negative patterns that could affect their union, and many other benefits.
When I did mine as a course requirement for the Pastoral Counseling course I took at the Center for Family Ministries, I noted how I took after both my father and mother in terms of talents. I got from my father my analytical mind and my love for writing. From my mother, I got her heart — her compassion, her strength of spirit and quiet countenance.
Now I wonder, if we put God at the topmost of our family genogram, what traits would we discover that we inherited from Him? After all, He created us all in His image and likeness. Tess V. Atienza (svp_tvatienza@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: What traits did you inherit from your ancestors? Are they godly traits?
 
God, our Father, thank You for creating me in Your image and likeness. Help me to become more like You each day of my life.
 
Blessed Angela of Foligno, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive