A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - January 16,2013


FIRST
 
Rising very early before dawn, he left and went off to a deserted place, where he prayed. – Mark 1:35
 
It was a day of many firsts. The first work day of the year, the first day of work for our participants and their first time to work. It was the first time that I was incharge of that training, my first time to see it run.
I admit that I was nervous and wanted to do well. There were a lot of things that could go wrong, a lot of things to check. I had assigned tasks for each team member and they knew what to do. I was tempted to take over. Yet I knew I had to do something more important first. I’d been in similar situations before when I chose to veer away from my routine — my prayer time. So I prayed.
After my quiet time with the Lord, we went about our work. Everything went fine. There were a few kinks here and there, and we could definitely improve on many things. Yet, we were grateful that our first training run went smoothly. I had a sense of peace and tranquility since I had prayed earlier.
Prayer settles. Prayer calms.
For me, it’s also prayer first. Jun Asis (mabuting.balita@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: Is prayer a priority in your life?
 
Lord, grant me the grace to prioritize my prayer time, that I may always listen and draw life from You.
 
St. Bernard and Companions, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive