A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - January 21,2013


Pray, Forgive and Bless
 
He is able to deal patiently with the ignorant and erring, for he himself is beset by weakness. – Hebrews 5:2
 
I often share that one of the litmus tests of being a true Christian is when we pray, forgive and bless our enemies.
The Lord challenged my words a few years ago — if indeed I would walk my talk. Some people were trying to destroy my integrity and I struggled with being patient with them. It was painful to see them seemingly winning in their erring ways and glorifying in their perceived triumph.
I realized later on that I was going through a learning experience, a test. God was reminding me that if I claim to be not just an ambassador for my country but also for God, then I should make sure I am worthy, especially of the latter title or responsibility. He showed me that I was indirectly contributing to the situation I was in through my own mistakes and weaknesses. He validated His message through the readings in the Bible and other daily devotionals.
That made me forgive and bless my detractors but not to trust them. God was reiterating that in this world, we should indeed be wise as serpents but gentle as doves.Grace Princesa (grprincesa@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: Patience is concentrated strength, not weakness. It is easier to give in to anger than to choose to love.
 
“Make me a channel of your peace. Where there is hatred let me bring Your love. Where there is injury, Your pardon, Lord.”
 
St. Agnes, virgin and martyr, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive