A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - January 31,2013

LISTEN
 
“Anyone who has ears to hear ought to hear. Take care what you hear.” – Mark 4:23-24
 
I have this knack for listening to a voice and identifying the celebrity it belongs to. I see this useless skill as one of the quirks of my good sense of hearing.
On New Year’s day each year, I put my “hearing” skills to work in a special way. On this day, I listen for the voice of the Lord speaking to my heart. I ask Him about the year that’s before me, and I also seek a message from the Bible to confirm His leading. I’m OK with Him knowing all His plans for me, without revealing to me what those are right away. It’s my position as His child to listen for His cues as His plan unfolds. How well my year will play out will depend on how I listen to His leading and voice each step of the way.
How does one hear God? Through careful listening, as Jesus Himself points out in today’s Gospel. Hearing God’s voice means paying attention to circumstances, counsel, and that sense of peace that surpasses all understanding. When all of these mesh well, we can move forth to follow God’s command for us, with the assurance that we’ve heard Him right. Martine De Luna (the.dainty.mom@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: How “well-tuned” are your listening skills when it comes to hearing what the Lord has to say?
 
Dear Jesus, open my ears that I may hear You clearly each day.
 
St. John Bosco, priest, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive