A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - January 18,2013


healing power of forgiveness
 
“Which is easier to say to the paralytic, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Rise, pick up your mat and walk’?” – Mark 2:9
 
My two-year-old daughter was tumbling about on her bed when her forehead hit a corner of the bed frame. Blood quickly oozed from the gaping wound. I tried to stop the bleeding but an hour after bandaging her wound, it looked like it was still oozing. Worried that her wound might not heal properly, I took her to the emergency room.
I was amazed at how quickly she healed. When they removed the bandage I had applied a couple of hours earlier, her gaping wound looked like a tiny cut! No stitches needed. More than my children’s ability to heal quickly, I’m even more amazed at how fast they can forgive and forget. I watch my two-year-old get clobbered by her older sister and, like a cat and a dog, they get into a brawl. They kick, bite and scream at each other, but a few minutes later, they’re back to being the best of friends.
Many of us lose that childlike quality to easily forgive as we grow older. No wonder Jesus asked the question in the passage above. It was as if He was saying that it’s easier to perform a miracle by making the lame walk than to forgive. What we don’t realize is that when we forgive, we heal quickly as well. Rissa Singson-Kawpeng (justbreatherissa@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: Resentments hurt you, not them. Always forgive people, even if they never ask for your forgiveness. Don’t do it for them — do it for you. (www.marcandangel.com)
 
Lord, make me a person who is quick to forgive.
St. Charles of Sezze, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive