A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

November 11, 2011
WHEN THE END COMES


“Just as it was in the days of Noah, so also will it be in the days of the Son of Man. People were eating, drinking, marrying and being given in marriage.... Then the flood came and destroyed them all.” – Luke 17:26-27


The end of the world is something that I don’t reflect on. It scares me just to think that there is actually an end to all life. And what I fear even more is I don’t know when this is going to happen. Only God knows when He will put a period to the last sentence of this generation’s life story.

Come to think of it, when I recall the devastation brought by calamities, the wars all over the world and the diseases that threaten us daily, I ask myself if our generation still deserves to live in the world we have abused and failed to love. God was justified in cleansing the world with the flood during Noah’s time and there’s no telling if He will choose to do it again. Maybe the old life has to end for new life to begin — a life that is lived in faithfulness to God’s design and will.

Although I am powerless to stop the world’s demise, I realized I can trust God’s infallible wisdom and mercy to carry out His will for us. More than destruction, the second coming of Jesus will bring a new beginning, a new life and a new hope. I just pray that I will be prepared and worthy to witness His glorious revelation. Dina Pecaña (dpecana@yahoo.com)
11
REFLECTION:

“Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat upon them, nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.” (Revelation 7:16-17)


Jesus, may You find me faithful and prepared when You come again in glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive