A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

July 27, 2011
Never Let Go

“The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure buried in a field, which a person finds and hides again, and out of joy goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.” – Matthew 13:44

Once I set my eyes on her, nothing could stop me.
I sent her flowers, chocolates, letters, lunch, buko juice — everything. I even “interviewed” her best friend whom I didn’t know. I “employed” and implored those around her to back me up and give a good word or two.
She turned me down three times. Many told me to give up. It felt like the world crumbled but I kept on pursuing her. Her name is Gina, the love of my life. That was more than a decade ago. Despite the difficulties, I won her heart. In fact, we just celebrated our 14th year as husband and
wife last April.
Like a resolute suitor who has found his great love, our resolve to follow God must be the same, nay more. For once we find the joy that He gives, all else pales. Despite failures and problems and sins, we must be doggedly determined to dwell in His presence, to bask in His love.
We must be ready to give up everything for Him, our Treasure of treasures. Jun Asis (mabuting.balita@gmail.com)
27
REFLECTION:
What else do I have to give up for God?

Lord, I offer my life to You. I have found You and I will hold on to You. Hold me and never let me go. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive