A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

July 25, 2011
Feast of St. James, Apostle
THE REWARD OF SERVICE

“Whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant.” – Matthew 20:26

During college, after a grueling ROTC training, I went to my friend’s boarding house to ransack his kitchen. But I found nothing to eat! My dejected friend uttered, “It’s my birthday today and I have nothing to eat, nothing to spend for my party. My parents failed to deposit money into my
savings account.”
My heart melted. I ran to the store, bought a can of sardines, returned to his house and cooked him a hot meal. “Lunch is served, Monsieur!”
At the first spoonful, he burst into tears. “Don’t you know we’re very rich?” he cried. I said, “Wow, you must be very happy!” He replied, “I am now. Because of what you did for me, my birthday had meaning!”
I thought it was the end of the melodrama. I was wrong. His parents treated me to a point-at-what-you-like-and- I’ll-pay type of shopping, all-expense paid vacation galore to their villa and rubber farm in Cagayan de Oro and sent me home with presents for my family.
This was my grand reward for a can of sardines and a heart of service! God is calling us to do the same. Service is its own reward.Obet Cabrillas (kpreacherobet@gmail.com)
25
REFLECTION:
Do you want to be great? Serve without expecting anything in return.

Lord, You did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give Your life as a ransom for many. May I always follow in Your footsteps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive