A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

July 12, 2011
My Miriams

Then his sister asked Pharaoh’s daughter, “Shall I go and call one of the Hebrew women to nurse the child for you?” – Exodus 2:7

The upside to being an only child is I didn’t have to share things. These are lines I never had to say or hear: “I won’t wear Ate’s old Hello Kitty T-shirt” (regarding hand-me-downs to a younger brother). “One for you, two for me” (of goodies and treats being divided by an older sibling). “Get out of the bathroom; you’ve been there for two hours!” (While banging on the door.)
The downside is the same thing — there’s nobody to share things with. No sister to share secrets with, no brother to watch over me, no one to help with family burdens and decision-making.
When I joined my community, my biggest blessing was gaining a brood of brothers and sisters. I’ve got sisters to consult about problems and who give me lovely birthday surprises. I’ve got brothers who make sure I get home safely and who pray with me for my children.
As Moses’ mother sent his sister, Miriam, to watch over him, God sent my community siblings to care for me. Like Miriam, they run back with prayers to a loving Father who provides the nurturing I need. Lella Santiago (mirellasantiago@yahoo.com)
12
REFLECTION:
Have you thanked the people God sent to care for you lately?

Father God, I praise and thank You for Your never-ending care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive