A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

July 23, 2011
PROMISES, PROMISES

They said, “We will obey the Lord and do everything that he has commanded.” – Exodus 24:7

“I accept the call, and I will serve the Lord in this ministry.” This is the general response of every person elected to serve in the ministry that looks after the charismatic affairs of the archdiocese here in one of the South Pacific countries.
It was my response, too, when I was elected to head the Evangelization Ministry.
I left that electoral meeting happy and thankful, not only because I was the only foreigner to be elected, but more because it was an answered prayer for me to serve the Lord in this foreign land.
When the leadership called its first meeting, I was excited to come. But only a few officers came. To make matters worse, the next weekend gathering yielded only some 20 people, the following weekend just 10, with only a few leaders attending. “Where are those who said they would serve the Lord?” I asked myself.
It is so easy for us to say, “Yes, I will, Lord!” but when reality hits, the result is negative. Ecclesiastes 5:4 says, “When you make a promise to God, keep it as quickly as possible.... Do what you promise to do.” Danny Tariman (danny@ dtariman.com)
23
REFLECTION:
Are you among those who say, “We will obey the Lord and do everything that he has commanded”?

Lord, I am sorry for saying things but not doing them. I resolve to do Your will from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive