A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, February 5, 2016

“Faith likewise offers the possibility of forgiveness, which so often demands time and effort, patience and commitment.” - Daily Bible Reflections February 5, 2016


GRACE TO FORGIVE
 
So Herodias harbored a grudge against John… – Mark 6:19
 
     “Mama, you should have another baby,” Danica kidded her mom before she left for school. That morning, her parents received a dreadful phone call.
       Danica died in a road accident caused by a reckless jeepney driver. When my friend rushed to the hospital, she saw her husband  quietly crying in a corner of the emergency room. He looked at her and said, “As early as now, let us find the grace to forgive.” My friend broke down.
       During the wake, she told me that they decided not to press charges and instead forgive the driver. “Because we have been forgiven by Christ, we chose to forgive him, too,” she said.
       Unlike Herod and Herodias whose resentment led them to kill John, my friend’s gesture of forgiveness has inspired many to get closer to God.
       Just recently, I bumped into this couple at the mall. I was ecstatic to see the husband carrying a little girl in his arms. With tears in her eyes, my friend told me that God has blessed them with another child.
       Just like what Danica had wished for them the day she died. Marisa Aguas (jojangaguas@yahoo.com)
 
Pope Francis Says: “Faith likewise offers the possibility of forgiveness, which so often demands time and effort, patience and commitment.”
 
Heavenly Father, help me to forgive. Not by my own efforts but only by Your grace can I do this.
 
St. Agatha, virgin and martyr, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive