A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

What bad habits do you need to eradicate in your life? - Daily Bible Reflections June 10,2015

STRIVE FOR VIRTUE
 
“Whoever obeys and teaches these commandments will be called greatest in the Kingdom of heaven.” – Matthew 5:19
 
       One of the most interesting conversations that I ever had with a close friend was a debate about the Ten Commandments. She scolded me for saying the Lord’s name in vain and told me that if I didn’t stop it, I would never make it to heaven. In my defense, I explained that other people violated worse commandments than I did all the time. They commit adultery, steal, kill and lie. So I felt that taking the Lord’s name in vain was a minor offense. Surely God wouldn’t turn me away for such a small infraction when there were others who had disobeyed the gravest of His demands.
       She then said something so sensible that I will never forget. “God didn’t list those commandments so that you can pick and choose which ones you have or don’t have to follow. He never categorized them into minor or major offenses. The point of those commandments is to follow every single one. Those are His laws and none are made to be broken.”
       I lost the debate that day but I gained an important insight about my personal values — to see my flaws as inexcusable and to strive for a virtuous life in every way. Eleanore Teo (elyo.lee@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: What bad habits do you need to eradicate in your life?
 
Lord, guide me as I stop accepting my shortcomings carelessly and start cooperating with Your grace to become a better person.
 
Blessed Joachima, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive