A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, June 26, 2015

“I am a friend of God. He calls me friend.” (Israel Houghton) - Daily Bible Reflections June 26,2015

LAUGH WITH GOD
 
Abraham prostrated himself and laughed… – Genesis 17:17
 
       Does prayer have to be serious all the time? Will God hit me with thunderbolts if I add a little humor to my prayers? Can I laugh with God?
       These thoughts ran through my mind as I read this funny prayer that I received via text:
       A Woman’s Prayer
       “May the Lord grant me the obedient heart of Sarah, the commitment of Ruth, the courage of Esther, the prayerful spirit of Hannah, the faithfulness of Mary, and the body of Halle Berry. Amen.”
       I have a very personal relationship with God. I talk to Him as I would to my very best friend (which He is). I cry to Him. Sometimes I tell Him I’m mad at Him (He can take it, He’s a big God). When He gives me the exact opposite of what I ask for, I say, “Lord, are You kidding me?” And yes, I say funny prayers sometimes.
       Abraham also enjoyed a special relationship with God. When he laughed about having a child when he’s already a hundred, God didn’t zap him. It must be alright then to enjoy a few laughs with God. After all, that’s what friends do. Lella M. Santiago (lellams88@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: “I am a friend of God. He calls me friend.” (Israel Houghton)
 
Jesus, thank You for not being a distant God. Thank You for hearing me when I call.
 
Blessed Raymond Lull, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive