A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, June 29, 2015

Those who may be “vexations to the spirit” are my brethren, too - Daily Bible Reflections June 29,2015


Solemnity of Sts. Peter and Paul, Apostles
Sts. Peter and Paul, Apostles, pray for us.
 
ZAPPED
 
The Lord will rescue me from every evil threat... – 2 Timothy 4:18
 
       I once worked in the customer relations section of a company. One day, a snooty balikbayan (a homecoming Filipino) wasn’t satisfied with my response to her complaint. She impatiently cut me off mid-sentence and swore at me. I’ve never been at the receiving end of curse words before. I was zapped speechless by this “witch.”
       I felt myself getting angry at her behavior. But I forced myself to remain cool and polite. When she saw I wasn’t going to yell back or burst into tears, she left in a huff. What a relief!
       Since that encounter, I tried to surround myself with positive energy. I placed little green plants on my desk and nice posters on my cubicle wall. I listened to calming music and joked around with my officemates. But a friend reminded me that only a shield of prayer can withstand the “enemy.”
       So when I asked God for His blessings every morning, I also asked Him to bless our customers — no matter what type of personality they had. Relying on the Lord’s guidance and protection was the best way to arm myself for the day. Gina J. Verdolaga (mgjver@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: Those who may be “vexations to the spirit” are my brethren, too.
 
Lord, let me understand so I may be understood. Where there is hatred, let me sow love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive