A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Is your faith under fire? When temptations come to compromise my faith, beliefs and values, deliver me, Lord - Daily Bible Reflections June 5,2014


MAKING A STAND
 
When he said this, a dispute broke out between the Pharisees and Sadducees, and the group became divided. – Acts 23:7
 
“Shalom! I can’t be a part of this site. I’ve read some things here which are not consistent with the Bible. Where in the Bible can you read that Christians who are from Christ need to pray to St. Therese?” I received this email message four years ago from an online Didache reader.
       He wasn’t Catholic so I understood where he was coming from. My reflection was about asking for signs. I related the experience of two people and my own when we prayed to St. Therese for signs. I wasn’t pontificating but simply sharing my reflection in the light of my understanding of my Catholic faith.
       Paul was on trial before the Jewish council composed of Pharisees and Sadduccees. The Pharisees (like Paul) believed in the resurrection; the Sadduccees did not. This difference in belief caused a debate between the two groups and they became divided.
       I am a Catholic who writes for a Catholic publication. In my reflections, I could play it safe and write only about things which I think won’t create controversies. But if I do that, whom do I serve? Like Paul, I choose to stand for my faith. Judith Concepcion (svp_jmc@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection:Is your faith under fire?
 
When temptations come to compromise my faith, beliefs and values, deliver me, Lord.
 
St. Boniface, bishop and martyr, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive